I’ve seen a lot of job postings at the firm I work for for Business Analysts.
They seem to have a lot of common requirements, here are the examples from today’s postings:
Job One: Customer Analytics and Insight
– Highly developed analytic/problem solving skills, mathematic and database skills including knowledge of statistical concepts and predictive modeling techniques and ability to interpret complex data
– Excellent working knowledge of business-related computer software such as Access, Business Objects, (and/or SQL) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
– Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to deal with all levels of management
– Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines
Required: University degree in Database Marketing, Mathematics/Statistics, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline
Preferred: Enrollment / completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, Business Analysis Certificate Program (BACP) and / or equivalent post-secondary education
Job Two: Channel Measurement and Integration
|The incumbent requires the following knowledge:
* Expert knowledge of sales databases (eg. Sales Hub, Sales Builder reporting database, EDW)
* Strong knowledge of business intelligence software (eg. WebFocus, SQL and SAS)
* Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software applications.
* Knowledge of technology design requirement processes to effectively interact with both business line and technical personnel.
* Knowledge of the business rule logic that generate sales and SRD credits to perform analysis and develop presentations with extracted data